Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6-valve Alex f For Sale/Trade

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 08, 2003 at 14:15:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6-valve Alex f For Sale/Trade posted by js on December 08, 2003 at 12:06:29:

Okay, I could fit all my tubas and all your (personal) tubas in my muscle car, and have enough room left over for Dale's tubas.

And under the right conditions, it will, even now, smoke the front tires. On a motorhome. It will also squirt through any eye of the needle, though it may cause a heart attack on the part of those on either side. And the eye does have to be a tad larger. There are many, many hot-rodded pickups on the road today with a lower power/weight ratio.

By the way, the Olds muscle car was either a 442 (with a 400 ci engine) or a W-30 (with a 455). I owned the wannabe Cutlass S with the high-compression 350 four-barrel and lusted for the other two. Directional stability was not its strong suit, but the two parts of a King sousaphone would fit in the back seat easily. For that matter, you haven't felt torque-steer until you've felt it from a front-wheel-drive 455.

Rick "who considered bringing Jaws to the Army conference as an almost-EM-50, but decided the search would probabaly take all day" Denney

Follow Ups: