Re: Re: Re: changing from BBb to a CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony on December 30, 2002 at 17:19:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: changing from BBb to a CC posted by Tim on December 30, 2002 at 16:19:00:

Interesting you should say that!

I did the same thing with languages... I was raised bilingual, and always associated French with purple, and English with Red. I lived most of my life in Montreal, and my family is probably a 50/50 split of anglos and francos.. because of day-to-day life, though, I became more accustomed to the French, so I was always in a more "purple" mindset. When I first moved to the U.S. it was hard for me to get used to being in my "red" mindset.. the reason being that the "english"(if you could call it that!) spoken in Tennessee is MUCH different from the English I learned growing up in Canada.. once I stopped trying to understand people "in red", it became much easier. Tennessee "english", incidentally, I always associated with the ugliest shade of yellow-beige imaginable.. Wisconsin english (FINglish?) brings a lime green to mind.. none of these were conscious associations though- I think the first time I realized this was when I read about someone(you?) associating colours with fingerings.

Amazing thing, the human mind.

Anthony "who was caused immense psychological dammage when Sean changed the colour of this BBS" Labelle

Follow Ups: