Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Proof that Tuba Folks are the Best!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 27, 2002 at 20:53:41:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: More Proof that Tuba Folks are the Best! posted by to dad on December 27, 2002 at 18:01:46:

On the other hand, it is even more clear that Atlanta Tuba Dad, who has impressed me and most others on a number of occasions, didn't understand that Carroll was talking about his son. In fact, it wasn't obvious to me, either--I thought Carroll was talking about the organizer. I think it's a bit dangerous to assume things, and then get snippy when people misunderstand. I don't think ATD would have said "the musician" if he realized his son was the subject of the question. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's why we use consistent monikers--it allows us to build up a stock of good will to smooth over unintended faux pas.

"I wasn't clear. I made some arrangements for your son, and I'm curious how they worked out. He hasn't responded to my emails, and I wonder if you could ask him about it." Don't you think that would have resolved the obvious misunderstanding with no need for snippiness on anyone's part?

There are lots of reasons why email goes unanswered, especially during holidays when Mom is complaining about all that time spent at the computer (there's an assumption on my part, but one based on personal experience, heh, heh). Email is not a moral priority, after all.

Rick "thinking a little benefit of the doubt goes a long way" Denney

Follow Ups: