Re: Re: Re: Re: Attention Elementary Music Teachers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony on December 23, 2002 at 00:13:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Attention Elementary Music Teachers posted by js on December 22, 2002 at 19:50:24:

I'm not familliar with the Yamaha, but I did some play testing of the Weril sousaphone on behalf of 3 local high schools, and I give it 4 out of 5 stars as far as quality goes, and 5 out of 5 as far as value. It could be the fact that the item I played was a touring demo model, but the sousaphone seemed to be of much higher quality than the 3/4 Weril tubas that seem to have hit off quite well over here. Now, I'm not much of a sousaphone expert (I've only played a handfull of sousaphones), but I can safely say that the Weril is of higher quality than the Jupiter sousaphones(which I would guess would be their main competition), and plays/sounds much nicer than the Miraphone sousaphone that I was burdened with a few years ago.

Another horn I was surprised with was the Weril Bass trombone... any chance we'll be seeing it with Thayer valves in the near future? :)

...for what it's worth

Anthony "who also has some newly formed opinions of the Besson CC and the Conn 54j, and is just waiting for the opportunity to share them" Labelle

Follow Ups: