Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tony's Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on December 19, 2002 at 20:26:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tony's Tuba posted by Rick Denney on December 19, 2002 at 11:35:01:

"On the other hand, I am curious about the effects of the different bell shapes between the one-piece B&M's and Marzan's and the interchangeable YM. Going to Baltimore to satisfy that curiosity, with the Holton sitting there singing its siren song, would be a very, very dangerous thing to do."

Hi Rick, when I suggested you go to David Fedderly's shop it was with the idea of you checking out the B&M, I didn't even know there was a big Holton there. My suspicion is that at the price point David's assigned to that BAT, it may not be a pretty looking horn by any means, but would be interesting for you to play. If you do check it out e-mail me and let me know whatcha think. I confess that my ulterior motive based on my suspicion that, if that Bohm & Meinl is a good one (and the BBflat horns were fairly consistent) that you'd be very pleasantly surprised in its favor when compared with your YM. BUT if that were the case your wife may decide I'm evil. See how you resist temptation, and good luck. Oh, I am not evil, even though I buy canned tuna by the case ;^}

Dale

Follow Ups: