Re: Re: Scanning Music?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on December 18, 2002 at 15:45:18:

In Reply to: Re: Scanning Music? posted by J. Brady on December 18, 2002 at 12:23:19:

Thanks! I appreciate the info. Do you know what company publishes the program, or who might stock it?

Yup, I am an old duffer, (hoping to retire in the next year or so) and just started back in playing this last summer after being away from it since about 1967. So I am lucky to be able to read what is written, let alone try to read above the staff and then play down an octave. I never played trombone or euph. And, unfortunately I have a bit of a sight problem so I try to blow up the size of anything less than full page sized music on a copy machine so I can see it better.

Music our community band has for dance band or dixieland band is very often written for string bass with no tuba parts available. The community band has both a dixieland band (fun stuff) and a dance band, which I was asked to bring a little Guy Lombardo sound to. And, they have not had a tuba player available on a regular basis for some years (one of the trombone players doubles on tuba when all else fails). Anyway, it is a lot of music to work on and why I am hoping to be able to speed the process with a computer rather than doing it all by hand.

And since we have more than one Frank making comments on the site - and just so you can keep us straight, I'm the one always struggling with hauling the cases for my Conn 20J. It really is easier with a hand truck!!

Follow Ups: