Re: Re: Formula for full concert halls

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Volker on December 18, 2002 at 15:03:01:

In Reply to: Re: Formula for full concert halls posted by MP on December 17, 2002 at 14:00:26:

I cannot confirm those ambivalent experiences. The performances I mentioned are on a very high level - as for arts and for the audience's behaviour as well. It is even shown on TV.
Of course, I can only speak for these events. The world class soloists would not stay for a year or longer on tour in case of low audience level.
I don't see the money only. It's also a way to contact those who are basically interested in classic music, but as yet could not find their individual access, maybe because they don't feel comfortable in a snobby atmosphere of "elitists" or those who consider themselves to be beyond the representative society. We have seen various public so called pop classic projects in Germany during the recent years - all with great success - resulting in widening the circle of classic music fans. So, it seems to be a good kind of education as a secondary effect - from my modest point of view.
Merry Christmas to everybody!

Follow Ups: