Americana Books

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on December 14, 2002 at 19:21:03:

Hello all. I have been looking for the octavo size Americana books that we used to use in the military for cut-down jobs and in quintets. My search to this point has been fruitless. If anyone could give me a heads up on where I might purchase these, I would greatly appreciate it. As a side note, I have been playing a bunch of Christmas gigs here in Sin City. I picked up the Salvation Army Christmas Carol Books, and they have saved my life. If you don't know of these, they are very cool arrangements(Eric Leidzen) of every traditional Christmas Carol. You can go out as a quartet(most prefered here as it means more money) or a quintet. Use the 1st and 2nd Cornet books playing parts 1 and 2, the 3rd part Eb book for horn, and the bass clef 4th part for the trombone and tuba. There is a bass clf/treble clef Bb book for the 3rd part if you want to go out as a quartet. Great tunes!!! I obtained mine through the regional S.A. music publisher, but I bet you can get them through Dillons or Bernel. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Chuck

Follow Ups: