Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bersteine suite

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on December 11, 2002 at 13:49:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bersteine suite posted by clueless on December 11, 2002 at 12:38:10:

Okay, suppose he had JUST answered the question, and said "go look at Amazon.com". What do you suppose Amazon will do when you enter "Bersteine" in the search engine? I'm betting you would see beer steins and Berenstain Bears, if anything. It is exactly your point - that misspelling, particularly of a person's name, is not an indication that a person is stupid or uneducated; but Michael would have no chance of finding the items he's looking for without the correct spelling. For what it's worth, I cringe when I see someone start taking someone to task for spelling mistakes here, because this is not a forum where that matters a great deal.

The fact is, I might well have misspelled 'Bernstein' too. It is not the misspelling of a name that weighs against our young friend, but his rude response to a kind offer of assistance.

Joe Baker, who wishes people would graciously accept assistance when they ask for it.

Follow Ups: