Re: Re: Re: Used BassTrombones

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on December 11, 2002 at 10:03:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Used BassTrombones posted by Edwards=Getzen on December 10, 2002 at 18:54:50:

Joe, I agree with you. A getzen bell and edwards bell are exactly the same. The slides are exactly the same. The main difference is the assembly process. The best, in my opinion, bass bone to come out of that plant was/is the David Taylor model Getzen with the dependant open wrap rotors. The open side played incredibly well and the rotors were no more stuffy than a Bach 50B30. In fact, with only the F rotor engaged, the Getzen felt more open than most Bach's. I agree that Edwards makes some good Bass 'Bones, but the components are all coming from the same box. The advantage is that you can customize the Edwards, but for most of us doublers, the Getzen line is just fine. In fact, I find it better to have a little more resistance with the rotors engaged to make the horn feel more like "home base".

It boils down to whether you want to spend $1500 for a new t-bone (Getzen) or or $3000 (Edwards).

If you are a going to pick up a bass bone, buy used and make sure you can play it first. They are different beasts altogether.

Good Luck,

Matt G

Follow Ups: