Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where's the tuba?!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on December 10, 2002 at 21:21:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where's the tuba?!! posted by Rick Denney on December 09, 2002 at 22:19:45:

Happily, I've been able to avoid driving in LA and Chicago, and done only limited driving in NY and NJ (though I did spend about an hour and a half on one of those stupid NJ left turns once). In any case, I didn't mean to imply that the I610-US59 interchange deserves national recognition for its difficulties, only that it is more challenging than most. I can't speak for Mark's meaning, of course.

I DEFINITELY agree that, to out-of-towners, downtown Dallas has to be the WORST place in America to drive (the rest of Dallas is number 2), but since I've lived there my whole life I don't have any trouble with it. I also think, FWIW, that the biggest problems driving in Houston are the narrowness of the lanes and the aggression of the drivers, all of whom seem to drive either Suburbans or duellies.

BTW, any chance of sending a few Aggie engineers to Europe to help with some of THEIR roads?

Joe Baker, who hopes the guy who designed Dallas' 'Canyon' interchange isn't on this list.

Follow Ups: