Re: HELP!!NEED INFO ON WISDOM TEETH

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wade on December 09, 2002 at 16:12:58:

In Reply to: HELP!!NEED INFO ON WISDOM TEETH posted by Bill Pritchard on December 09, 2002 at 12:09:04:

Bill - are you an MOS Tubist (02F)? If so, request a vist with your Old Man and see whether or not he views this as potentially dangerous to your job proficiency. If you make a good case, he will be able to (well, USED to be able to) get you better attention at Walter Reed or maybe Keller (USMA).

At Walter Reed, I had an allergist treat me, and then forward very explicit instructions back to my post TMC in order to ensure that I was treated properly. (Nice!)

Then, later, our brass quintet walked into a wild west bar room brawl (already in progress when we arrived, I assure you) and I was hit in the face with a bar stool by one nice local fellow and had the palm of my hand sliced open with a broken beer bottle when I blocked the swing that was made at my face by yet another noce local fellow.

After the normal routines with the NYC 72nd precinct and the Fort Hamilton MPs (we were all found to be not at fault, BTW) our CO grilled us further. From me he found out that I had been treated at the hospital on Staten Island, but needed additional work on my nose. I convinced him that a crushed septum would affect my playing in a negative manner. So he had me treated at Keller Army Hospital, West Point. Fortunately, I drew a really great plastic surgeon that (I guess) was there to do tummy tucks and face lifts for the wives of all of the Generals up there. He was great. (Again - nice!)

If you can get it classified as job-related then you will be good to go.

Best of luck!

Wade Rackley
US Army Band of New York City
Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn, NY
1985-1988

Follow Ups: