Re: Re: Re: Afternoon at Brook Mays

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie to the nameless really? on January 01, 2002 at 19:06:34:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Afternoon at Brook Mays posted by Charlie on January 01, 2002 at 11:46:22:

I have heard several concerts with people playing 56J's and 52J's and I had no problem hearing them at all.
Maybe the players on them had no problem making the tuba project and I played it in a large church and had no problem with projection either.

I loved the sound and the projection and still would make this a choice of a 4/4 CC anyday.

If you go back to the 60's and 70's, 4/4 tubas is what most played then.

The big tubas make it easier to be louder. I like the 4/4 sound in an orchestra and find no problems playing one in an orchestra setting.

You play what you want to and let the rest decide when they play it. Everyone has their opinion and that is why there are so many different tubas. To accomodate all playing and abilities and likes. Not one is better, just one is better for you whatever it is. I made a post as to my and i repeat my opinion as to how it played and projected. There was no mention of it being the ultimate orchestra tuba and I made no comment as such. Why not post your name is my ? We al did MR ool-182d4268.dyn.optonline.net

Follow Ups: