Re: grad school vs. tuba repair

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anthony Labelle on December 29, 2001 at 12:51:53:

In Reply to: grad school vs. tuba repair posted by Scott Norberg on December 27, 2001 at 00:58:44:

Do both. University of Calgary has a good music program(or at the very least, a very well known and well respected tuba professor), and a NAAPBIRT Accredited music repair program. I don't know what they offer in the ways of masters degrees, but it's worth checking out. Plus: it's in Alberta. The entire masters-degree-and-music-repair-degree (assuming both are available) should cost you less than just a band-instrument-technician certificate would in Red Wing or Renton. Micheal Eastep would be the person to contact about that.

For more tuba-centric repair knowlege, Daryl Hickman would probably be the person to talk to. He's a tubist and runs the repair school in Renton, which I've heard nothing but good things about. You should be able to find both of their email addresses on this list.

Best of luck!

Anthony Labelle

Follow Ups: