Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eb-Tuba Willson vs. Besson Sovereign

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry Guerrero on December 27, 2001 at 01:44:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eb-Tuba Willson vs. Besson Sovereign posted by dp 4 both jb and dr. y on December 26, 2001 at 22:58:11:

I find this thread very interesting and I sympathize with everyone involved, to some extent. I too take a great interest in double tubas, but for very different reasons. Like everyone, I want an F tuba that can actually play the low notes, but without the outrageously complex fingerings that most F tubas require. However, since my low chops are much stronger than my high chops, I want the added security of playing the highest notes on the lower partials of the F tuba. Being a hack semi-pro/amateur at best, I also don't want to own 15 to 20 K's worth of equipment, just to be a truly decent player who can cover all the tunes. Sooner or later, somebody's going to crack things wide open with a truly decent double tuba - one where the valves actually work and don't weigh a ton. I'm hoping it'll be sooner.

Dr. Young, I agree with Dale and Jay - please consider getting your ideas into production somehow.

Barry Guerrero

Follow Ups: