Re: Wood Mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom B. on December 25, 2001 at 23:22:01:

In Reply to: Wood Mouthpieces posted by Dan Mordhorst on December 25, 2001 at 22:55:00:

I don't know where you could get a shank, but thought that I would comment on the construction of the mp. The shank is silver plated brass and is threaded. The cup has a "drilled out" place with a threaded brass ring inserted that the shank screws into.

Maybe you could cut an old (or cheap new) mouthpiece off at the shank, thread it, and use it with your wood cup. I suppose you don't have to thread it, but I'm not sure how well some kind of glue would work.

Follow Ups: