Re: Any feedback on the MW 46SLP (Titan)?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on December 17, 2001 at 02:26:50:

In Reply to: Any feedback on the MW 46SLP (Titan)? posted by Da Goose on December 16, 2001 at 19:58:48:

I just had a chance to play one of these last week. It was the first one to make it's way into Tokyo,Japan so many people were curious. My first impression was that it does not have the same openess that the 45SLP has, especially in the low range. The mid and upper range sing really nice like the 45SLP. Intonation seems just fine. Over all in my opinion it had a tighter and more compact sound than the 45SLP. I played it back to back with two SLP's so it was easy to see which one was more open. The shop reps felt the same when listening to me in the studio. One big plus though is that they reconfigured the leadpipe to fit the averaged size"joe". The SLP's pipe sits pretty high and can be a bit uncompfortable for some shorter guys to play. The Titan's pipe sits just perfect. The horn has a nice engraving on the bell and comes in gold laquer. I personally would still pick a nice SLP over this horn because of the low range issue.
Just one guys thoughts!

Pete

Follow Ups: