Re: Re: Recreation and relaxation, which Tuba ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Newbe on December 10, 2001 at 23:18:56:

In Reply to: Re: Recreation and relaxation, which Tuba ? posted by Rick Denney on December 10, 2001 at 15:03:25:

Gentlemen, I am hoping that there is room in the world of the enchanted horn to welcome a new enthusiast into the circle. Mind you, I don't plan to ever be capable enough to enter the inner circle, I only want to be embraced for my love of the sound and it's mystique. Please open the door and allow me to cross the threshold into the passage that leads to the soul stimulating low brass .... It was 15 years ago at a shopping mall where a Salvation Army Quintet was playing Christmas music. The quad of horns were playing minus the Tuba. Don't know if he had mechanical difficulties or some other reason for not starting with the rest. The music was beautiful then the Tuba joined in and the music became full, touching all of the senses deep within... I guess I could track my appreciation back to my childhood when attending the many polka festivals that came to town. I guess I'm just a low frequency man. I'll be driving to Brasswinds tomorrow to hear the different keys and horns. I'll let you all know which key fits my current purpose. If I don't drive back with one, I'll have many questions on which horn in a specific key. Thanks for all of your help and inspiration.

Follow Ups: