Re: Advantages of the CC tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on December 06, 2001 at 12:24:26:

In Reply to: Advantages of the CC tuba posted by Matt G on December 06, 2001 at 11:21:10:

As you have felt requiered by whatever higher ordered thinking skills you have to post the advantages of the CC tuba, I thought I might offer the counter proposal:

WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF THE BBb TUBA

Here they are:

1. When people ask, I can tell them yes, it is a BBb tuba, the same size you probabvly used in school. (no derogatory comments.)

2. Because I paid 10 to 15% less for my horn, I can buy the $100 mouthpiece that you are spending more for.

3. because I have to compete with others, I motivate myself to practice without the need to have to spend money.

4. Who cares about pictures of my horn in T.U.B.A. I would rather see the pictures of Ben Franklin, in multiple amounts that are earned or saved.

5. Chances are that you can get a bell without graphics on it.

6. No need for a 5th valve. BTW, the skills I use to play bass trombone, all kinds of basses, clarinets, saxophones, and other instruments speaks of the skills that are available for my use.

7. I don't have to worry about others and what they use.

8. Two feet more pipe to put pretty and massive sound through.

9. The ability to read music without transposing.

10. To speak with authority on why I play BBb instead of CC tuba.

To each their own. The move from BBb to CC will not make you a world class performer as if by magic. Practice, they way you deal with others, practice, being in the right place at the right time, practice, knowing materials, practice, and having good practice skills.

BTW, yes, I am making large sums of money playing. So don't go there.

Tom

Follow Ups: