What to Play

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dan m on December 06, 2001 at 00:03:32:

Alright, I'm a high school tuba player, and my school's variety show is coming up, and I'm looking for some help with finding something to play.

I was thinking about "Play that country tuba" for a while, so I learned the tuba part over the summer, but I decided that wouldn't work. I don't think I could find people willing to invest the time to make it go.

Tubby the Tuba, which I've never heard, seems like the kind of song I'm looking for, according to some of the archived posts, but it seems like the song is a little too dependent on accompaniment, plus we don't have the music, though it seems like it is available.

Tuba tiger rag would be cool, and we have an arrangement of that, but we don't have a trumpet player that can play all of that crazy stuff. Its been a while since an ambitious, agressive player has been around, so I think it would be great to blow some people away, especially on the tuba.

We do have a a good baritone player, a decent drummer, decent trombone, good clarinet, ok flute, good alto sax, ok french horns, and that trumpet player is ok too. That's what I have to work with, if you are looking for small group stuff.

So, with all of that in mind, what's out there that I can play? I'd rather play something easier well than something difficult just so-so. Most of all, I want it to be fun.

And Anything with optional pedal notes is a definite plus. Thanks a lot.

Follow Ups: