Re: Re: Re: Yamaha YCB-822 Comments?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve C on December 05, 2001 at 03:25:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Yamaha YCB-822 Comments? posted by Todd in OK on December 04, 2001 at 23:53:07:

Speaking of intonation, I keep forgetting that my horn plays Db (one line below the staff) WAY sharp. But the 4th valve slide is easily accessed, And I actually usually play that note 2,3,5 to bring it down, and it has become such a habit I just forget I do it. Otherwise, I really don't have problems playing he horn in tune with a group.
I used to use a PT48, and the horn had a HUGE sound, including the pedals. But I found I had problems getting it to blend with a section. I now use a Dillon H1, same amount of sound as my PT48, but with more of the character of my trusty Conn Helleburg. And I never had a problem with articulations. Maybe I'm not good enough to realize I'm playing shorter than I'm suppose too? Or maybe this horn suits my playing better than it does for Joel. We all play differently, that's why its SO important to find a horn that works best for our own, unique, and individual playing styles.
Steve C

Follow Ups: