Re: Negative thoughts - help!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michael on December 02, 2001 at 17:30:59:

In Reply to: Negative thoughts - help! posted by John Tuba on December 01, 2001 at 19:59:52:

Well, it seems that many tubist out there can't make it. I am a 17 year-old tubist auditioning for college. You people really know how to burst someone's bubble on having a musical career. It seems that if you question whether you should have ever gone into music, you shouldn't have gone into it in the first place. I see all of the downfalls in this type of career. A french hornist that I know is attending Mannes College of Music for performance, and I asked her what she will do if she doesn't land a job in an orchestra. She said "I will play my horn in airports with a hat out. Mike, I don't care where I end up. I love music." I love it too. I will perform orchestral tuba. I have a passion for music. If I want it, I will get it.

If you are uncomfortable not being able to provide for a family, then get a PLAIN job, but keep playing the tuba.There are only select spots open each year for tuba performance in the world. Did anyone get a back up while attending school, like getting a double major in Tuba performance and Music Education. That is what I am doing. I hope the future hold to be fair to me. Thank you everyone for posting the most depressing messages.

Follow Ups: