Re: Re: Re: flying with my yfb-621

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by cw on December 23, 2000 at 22:23:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: flying with my yfb-621 posted by Rick Denney on December 23, 2000 at 21:51:40:

I just flew out of O'hare last week and the morons running the regular x-ray belt for carry-ons were trying to convince me my horn would fit in the machine if only I were to "smush" it down some. One of the idiots even tried to grab my horn and demonstrate the proper smashing motion. (I also had a ticket for the horn, which was the big 5/4 Rudy in a gig bag.) Obviously the x-ray guy never got his hands on the horn and after demanding a manager and threatening violence for a moment the man in charge took me to the oversize luggage machine and all was good. Apparently the guys in charge and the ones running the bigger machine are used to instruments and treat them pretty well. I was nervous but the experience was better after I created a scene and got the manager. My advise would be to start at the ticket counter and let them know you want special treatment. Hell, tickets are expensive enough to demand a manager's attention to your horn. That, and lie about it's price to frighten them further about damage. My 10 grand horn may seem more fragile when quoted at 20 thousand. Maybe not, hard telling.....

Follow Ups: