Re: Re: Re: effective ranges of BBb CC EEb F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike F. on December 11, 2000 at 15:29:04:

In Reply to: Re: Re: effective ranges of BBb CC EEb F posted by Rick Denney on December 11, 2000 at 12:41:51:

I think we're in agreement here Rick, and your concrete examples help illustrate this. It looks like your range on the high end of seperate instruments pitched as much as an octave apart only varies by a few small whole steps. Clearly a function of the player having the same range on different horns. Your low range, however, appears to be more a function of the instrument. Let me clarify (interpret/change, whatever) something I said earlier about a high note being more comfortable for the instrument but not mattering to the player. Of course if it is a better note on the particular instrument, it will be more comfortable or secure for the player. On your Euph you can nail that A, on the F horn its 50/50, on the BBb, well, me neither. We're comfortable on a horn within that horn's comfortable range. All the more reason to play high parts on higher pitched horns, especially when the composer's original intent and instrumentation is taken into consideration.
Mike "hoping my clarification didn't just cloud things up worse" F.

Follow Ups: