Re: GROUND FORCES BAND TUBA CONF. - HOORAY

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee Stofer on December 10, 2000 at 22:03:03:

In Reply to: GROUND FORCES BAND TUBA CONF. - HOORAY posted by Bill on December 10, 2000 at 11:53:35:

I'd also like to take this opportunity to publicly thank some very deserving individuals for their part in making the 1st Annual Tuba-Euphonium conference in Atlanta such a success.
Staff Sergeant Sean Chisham, Sergeant First Class Donald Palmire, Demondre Thurman, Patrick Sheridan, David Zerkel, Donald Strand, and Michael Moore are some of the finest people and musicians on the planet. Their contributions as soloists and clinicians this weekend were immense, and greatly appreciated.
The Exhibitors, Windsong Press, the Tuba Exchange, the Brasswind, Warburton, Inc., the Baltimore Brass Co.,, and U.S. Army Recruiting Command all did a great job.
I'd like to thank the composers who traveled from as far away as Colorado, Arizona, and Wisconsin to witness performances of their works. Getting to talk with the composers about their works and gain new insights from them was a great experience for all in attendance.
Thank-you to all the folks who attended the Conference. We welcome any comments or suggestions that could help in the planning of future events.

Finally, I'd like to thank My Guys, of which I'm very proud. Staff Sergeant Alan Herold dreams dreams, and then goes about making them reality.  He had to have a bit of help this time, and Staff Sergeant Joe Newby(euph.), Staff Sergeant Ron Johnson(tuba), Sergeant Corey Dawson(tuba), and a couple of our friends in the trombone section did an immense amount of work to make it all possible. Our Associate Conductor of the Army Ground Forces Band, 2LT Derrick Shaw(tuba), freely contributed time and effort to make this a success. My special thanks to our Commander, Major Otis French(euph.), for listening to Alan's dream, and willing it so. I hope to see you all here next year!

Master Sergeant Lee Stofer(tuba)
Brass Group Leader
The Army Ground Forces Band

Follow Ups: