For Sale: MINT CUSTOM LARGE YEP-321S

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott F. on December 08, 2000 at 23:40:58:

Folks,

Many of you have probably already heard me tell my story on how I came to start playing euphonium. Unfortunately because of a medical condition I am going to be forced to sell my brand new beloved custom large YEP-321S. This instrument has been used for three weeks, and only has one tiny scratch on the bottom of the bow. Here are the specs:

Unlike the standard YEP-321, this has A LARGE SHANK RECEIVER AND PROFESSIONAL 642 LEADPIPE. That is right, this accepts the large shank mouthpieces. This leadpipe essentially is the top dog 642 leadpipe in the shape to fit the 321. I intially bought this horn to have a cheaper high quality back up to my beloved 642. The results of the horn far exceeded what I expected to get out of it. The leadpipe was installed my the master repairman Todd Clontz. Indeed, this custom addition makes this 321 play and sound like a 642. It has literally 98% of the tone, power, and projection of the power of the 642. This makes it especially difficult for me to put it on sale. I'm throwing in an excellent condition Steven Mead SM 3 mouthpiece which responds like a dream on this horn. The valves are quite simply the fastest and quietest I've ever played, much better than the longer compensating valves on my 642.

I've seen this horns (321S) go for as cheap as $1600 brand new. This is mint, only three weeks used, with one tiny scratch on the bottom bow and has had a custom leadpipe put on the horn. All I'm asking is $1400 to take it off my hands. If there are no takers after a couple of days, I'll do the ebay thing. First come, first served.

Feel free to write me with your questions. My email address is:
msfurness(AT)hotmail.com

Thanks for your interest,
Scott

Follow Ups: