Excellent tuba book!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by stefan on December 07, 2000 at 11:57:49:

Yesterday afternoon I knocked of work early and headed down to Winchester, UK. I told my wife we should go see the cathedral and take in the sights of this lovely little town. Of course having tubas on the brain the real motive was to visit Piccolo Press and buy a copy of "The Tuba Family" by Clifford Bevan, I'd seen this book once before in the reference section of and English library.
Anyhow, we finally locate the correct address and are confronted by a normal looking English house. Querying wether we'd got Piccolo Press's address wrong I thought I'll ring the door bell to see if they know were it is. A lady opens the door and says I'll just get my husband, to my astonishment it is the author who greets me.

This guy and his book is truly amazing !!! I thought I knew a lot about tubas but the amount and detail of information in "The Tuba Family" is incredible. I have no idea how one man managed to gather so much information about tubas. There is indepth detail of past tubists and tuba history that I'd always thought was lost for good.
I had a good chat to Clifford Bevan and are proud to have an autographed edition of his book.

Definately, definatley get your hands on a copy it is an excellent read. I found the address in a tubenet posting about 4 weeks ago.

Cheers Stefan

Follow Ups: