Re: Re: questions concerning Bass Trombones

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joshua Wirt on December 03, 2000 at 14:51:39:

In Reply to: Re: questions concerning Bass Trombones posted by Mark Fabulich on December 02, 2000 at 04:42:36:

Mark is right on the money! The Hagmann valves are great! I was recently in the market for a bass trombone. I played a Bach with the stock valves, on of my friends' Getzens with the Thayer valves, an Edwards, Yamaha 613, and then a new Besson 943 with the Hagmanns. I went with the Besson.

David Fedderly had 3 of them to choose from and was very helpful in letting play-test all three. I was really close to going with the Yamaha (really good horn with very open sound that blends well with an orchestra/big band) until I played my horn. I have used it quite a bit and I love it! The horn itself blows really well, but the valves are super! Great short throw. Very smooth action and really quick! I'd highly recommend this instrument to anyone thinking of picking up a double. Actually, I think Mr. Fedderly still has 1 or 2 of these left. I liked all 3, but I felt that I sounded the best on the one I selected....and that's what is most important!

Good luck!

Josh

Follow Ups: