Re: Re: 45S-LP vs. YFB-822

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on December 01, 2000 at 18:52:26:

In Reply to: Re: 45S-LP vs. YFB-822 posted by Ed Vinson on December 01, 2000 at 13:49:32:

Very interesting to hear you think the MW has a stuffy low register. I own this horn and the low-end ROCKS! I bought mine from Dillon music with the aid of Matt Walters and Scott Mendoker and am extremely happy. I am sure they vary from horn to horn, as I played two others at another shop and they don't come close to mine. Intonation is rock solid and the sound is to die for. My only complaint would have to be it's enormous size for an F tuba which makes it a bit akward for smaller guys, but as Mike Russo said, it is still very easy to play, even at soft dynamics. This thing really sings. I replaced the heavy MW springs with lighter ones(yamaha maybe) and they worked beautifully. I also played the Yamaha 822 and I thought it was a good F tuba. The MW had more of the sound "I" was looking for and like everyone is stating, that is most important.

" The MW would easily be drowned out in a large orchestra". This statement I am going to have to disagree with, as I know for a fact that this tuba projects very well in an orchestra.

Cheers (_)?
Pete

Follow Ups: