Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveny 693 vs ST.Petersburg.HELP!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary S on December 24, 1999 at 03:40:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveny 693 vs ST.Petersburg.HELP!!!!!!! posted by what does made like crap mean? on December 22, 1999 at 01:45:59:

Thank you! And while I don't find those flaws in my St Pete, those are specifics. I a nickle plate model from Die Tuba, and it is fitted with the German rotors. I find them far superior to any valves I have ever used. In the six months or so that I have had the horn, I have found no faulty solder joints or other shoddy workmanship. Now, I'm sure that a Meinl Weston at $6 or 7K might be polished a bit better and certainly I'd expect it to be a better horn. I am not attempting to say that a $3K St Pete is equal to a $6K Meinl Weston or any other high end tuba. I'd just like a little tolerance for those of use who are not professional tubist but still love our instrument and just can't invest mega thousands in the high end horns. I have played a few horns in my 50 years of tuba playing, and the St Pete is by far the best playing horn I have ever played. Perhaps that statement shows I'm just a country boy, but so be it.

Follow Ups: