Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveny 693 vs ST.Petersburg.HELP!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on December 22, 1999 at 21:26:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cerveny 693 vs ST.Petersburg.HELP!!!!!!! posted by BLAH! on December 22, 1999 at 20:58:52:

I don't think he was criticizing you, or anyone else. He was just pointing out that a tuba that is "made like c**p" might be the only option. True, the St. Pete is made out of bad brass, has bad valves, and the plating is questionable, but it has, in my opinion, a really great sound. Almost as good as my Mirafone. Heck, under most standards, my mirafone is made like c**p--the valves go clank, the finish is about 75%, the bell has had a huge dent rolled out and has a nasty scar, the first valve slide is stuck, there is a BIG dent in the main tuning slide. But the sound i get on this horn is exceptional. And it was IN MY BUDGET. I'm in high school, and my dad didnt want to spend too much, so we found a good deal. No, it's not beautiful, it could have a lot of improvements done to it. But it's still a great horn. Personally, I've played on a Yamaha 103 with the front facing valves (3). Great horn! A very good choice for a limited budget.
I hope i didn't, but if i offended anyone by saying this, sorry. (I doubt i did, but i'm just making sure) :-)

Doug

Follow Ups: