Re: Re: Re: Re: cheapness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe on December 06, 1999 at 22:01:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: cheapness posted by Jay Bertolet on December 06, 1999 at 15:44:13:

To many gigantic insects, and too much crime (just like here in Memphis). Let's you and me BOTH move to rural northern Michigan, or a similar type of place, and think more about huntin', fishin', sailin', and skiin'. (Right now, though, I need to stay put and "crank out" that tuition money for my spoiled 19-year-old.)

Maybe I would trade in my tuba,etc. for "quality of life"...but then again, maybe not.

<<<(Hi, guy.)>>> ;^)

OH...Yeah...We have a "scheister" music store here in Memphis, too. When people enter MY store acting overly cautious and suspicious, I simply tell them if they really want to go somewhere and assume that they are about to be cheated, just go a few streets over, but I have too much to do to spend time proving that I am not a crook (both arms raised with "peace" signs and jowls jiggling).

Incidentally, that whole "scheister" music store thing is usually not brought on by anyone's conscious desire to be a crook. Rather, it is caused by store owner ignorance and / or laziness, and salesmen desperately working on commission (reflection of store owners' insecurity and lack of self-confidence) rather that just being salaried.

***Well, I did say the word "tuba" up there once, somewhere, so I guess that this post is OK.

Follow Ups: