Re: Re: Re: cheapness

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick M on December 06, 1999 at 11:17:03:

In Reply to: Re: Re: cheapness posted by D. Seebaugh on December 06, 1999 at 10:56:29:

I don't think Joe is being unprofessional about his opinion, but expressing frustration with customers that will shop his store, take his pricing to other vendors to force their pricing lower (which in the professional purchasing arena is considered unethical) then demand that Joe put them at the top of the list when they need repair/warranty work done. This is a trend in the Wal-Martization of America that is killing the independant businessman that gives high-touch service that doesn't have the $$$ to advertise all over the country and move 200+ horns a year.

While I do consider it unprofessional to give the whiney-ass response of "you didn't buy your horn from me, I'm not going to service it" I don't consider it unprofessional to give discounts to returning customers or to give returning customers priority on the repair queue. This is more the custom in high-end shops for any piece of equipment where skilled repair persons are needed.

Follow Ups: