Mouthpiece on MW2145

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Christopher Beard on August 28, 2003 at 22:08:55:

Hello folks,

I was just browsing through the tubanet discussions and thought I'd run something by anyone who has played or owned/s a MW2145. It's truly a terrific instrument and quite versatile and I am glad at this point I chose to buy the 2145 instead of the Willson 3050 because like many I love big horns. This horn has much character and intonation is great in all ranges. I has a nice sound with many overtones present that add color to the sound. However, for almost all of my playing in the past I've played the Standard larger Helleberg(Jacobs) mouthpiece and sometimes find there to be not alot of center to the sound and the pitch is a bit off. So to the rescue I pulled out a mouthpiece that I bought from that unmentionable auction site. The Marcinkiewicz 24 AW and the pitch and center is certainly better, but I personally really like a larger shank and deep funnel cup found in the helleberg is there another mouthpiece out there that anyone could recommend I try? Thank you all in advance for you efforts and response!!!

Christopher"who's working on getting in the swing of playing and practicing again everyday in hope of going back and finishing a degree and start gigging/recitals again, but really needs to get out of Johnstown, PA first"Beard

Follow Ups: