Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tone qulity problems from BBb toCC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lan on August 28, 2003 at 17:01:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tone qulity problems from BBb toCC posted by David on August 28, 2003 at 10:07:50:

This post is a bit old! Well, as said before I really appreciate your comments, they make a lot ofsense and there has not been one I disagee with. Hwever, concerning changing from moutpiece to mouthpiece, to alter you tonq quality (in the ways spoken of before) is someting that really does change how your body responds t playing the horn, an is something (reffering to changing rims) that arnold jacobs did not suggest. You of course can get one mouthpiece that has adjustable cp, adjustable bore, and even an adjustable as hole iyu wanted, and get the tone quality you wanted, and pay a lot less than 20,000 bucks. However, there still is a diference in the actual instrument that my teacher told m ( and by the way ; my teacher does no see me playing on a BBb as a PROBLEM, just as sort of ahinderance) is tha a CC has to still hav the samesomethig in order to achieve the same something, resulting inthe horn being more Conical (or cylindrical one of those, pardon me or not bein brushed up on myinfo) therefore resultng in a warmer, tone. THey are in a way the same instrument, a tuba, but are differen kind not just diffeent pitches. I gues not as much as a tenor and alto saxophon, but around there. Maybe an trumpet and a Bb orc and Bb? UNderstand, I hope so. I really don't want you guysthinking I am dumb, and just want a CC just for the sake o bein "COOL".

A bit more explaning,
Lan

Follow Ups: