Re: How to Post Pics

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on August 24, 2003 at 17:16:04:

In Reply to: How to Post Pics posted by Jason Dummy on August 24, 2003 at 15:24:13:

You have to have your own web site, or at least a repository for files that you can reference from the Internet. Bellsouth is your ISP--check with them. You might have a small free web page with them and not realize it. Using FTP, you can just park your image files on that site. You still won't have a web page, but the picture files will still be reachable from the Internet.

Internet Explorer does FTP automatically. Your site host (Bellsouth, in your case, if I'm right and they offer you a small free space) will provide you instructions on the FTP address. It looks like a file list, and you can drag and drop files from folder lists in Windows to that list, and it will copy them. To view the file, enter the address of the file, which is your web site URL plus a slash and the name of the image file. This is what you put in the box in a Tubenet post that says "Optional Image URL".

Here's an example of an image URL: "http://www.rickdenney.com/scratch/Holton_BB-345.jpg"

That image is not reachable from my web page, but I just copied it to the scratch folder of my site so that I could link to it here.

You can also use the picture galleries on service sites like Tripod or Yahoo, but these are hard to reference in Tubenet because the references change frequently, and outside your control, and because of the advertising popups that they generate. The photo posting sites that work really well are mostly all gone now.

Rick "thinking the next level of assistance will take a couple of hours of explanation" Denney

Follow Ups: