Re: Re: Re: ABC News apropos to musicians

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Inman on August 17, 2003 at 14:05:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: ABC News apropos to musicians posted by Wade on August 15, 2003 at 15:48:05:

Amen, Brother!

Let's see if I can remember college, studying to be an electrical engineer. A "full" schedule was 17 or 18 credit hours, and usually one of those classes was a 3-hour lab for only one credit. So that means that a "full" schedule required classroom attendance for 20 hours / week. If I *HAD* studied for 20 additional hours/week, I would have been a genius in every class. So, now we're up to 40 hours. Time to go play euchre! (double-deck / bid variety)

Fast forward 23 years . . . .

Typical work week = 50 hours as an engineering manager. Frequently the work week = 60 hours. Musical activities involve guitar / contemporary group with my church and my brass quintet. Kids have activities that require my attendance (band is a big one) Fortunately my youngest can now drive, so that actually frees up some time.

But wait! The house needs maintenance, the car(s) need maintenance, etc. etc.

Moral of the story: Believe it or not, you actually have more free time as a college student than you will ever enjoy again until you retire, unless you are unemployed.

Use it wisely.

Steve "time for my Sunday afternoon nap" Inman
Kokomo, IN

Follow Ups: