Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jazz Transcription site (yes! Free!)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on August 06, 2003 at 06:50:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jazz Transcription site (yes! Free!) posted by Anthony on August 05, 2003 at 18:37:50:

From Det. Bergson:

Anthony pled no contest to two counts of theft. He was found guilty on
both counts. It is public record, so I am able to disclose that fact to
you. He was also ordered to perform 50 hours of community service and
undergo a chemical assessment and abide by the recomendations.

He will be on probation on one count and got a deferred judgement on the
other. What that means is he did not contest the charge, he will be
forced to perform community service for the thefts and if he messes up,
he could be sent to prison.

He was not cleared of these charges. If anyone else needs details, let
me know......oh, and by the way, "thanks to all of WHO" who helped him
get cleared of these charges? His friends even knew he was guilty.

I'd be nervous about buying anything from the guy.

Herb

I also find Anthony's explanation to be problematic. First he says that the problem was that some of the instruments he had in his possession were the same type instruments, but not the same ones; then he says, well, yeah, he did have some of the school's property in his possession. Huh? So the school reported the instruments stolen, but didn't give serial numbers?? And they didn't bother to ask around amongst the people who reasonably might have borrowed a horn, before reporting it stolen? And the school didn't subsequently drop the charges? When this was first reported, a lot o folks thought it was a hoax, and I was the first to suspect that Det. Bergson might be for real; that's because I have a probation officer for a sister and a brother who was a police officer until he was killed in the line of duty -- I hear stories like this. I also hear about excuses like this, and this one doesn't convince me.

But now, those who have read Anthony's last post and Det. Bergson's explanation must form their own conclusions. I would only suggest that anyone who is contemplating doing business with Anthony should contact the DA of Superior, WI (look the number up; if Anthony IS trying to put one over on you, the number he gives could be bogus). Calling his OWN lawyer to find out if he is guilty is... well, kinda stupid.

And finally, to Anthony, you might want to check with your lawyer; in some jurisdictions, claiming innocence of a crime to which you have confessed and received probation is a violation of that probation.

Joe Baker, who has formed his own conclusion.

Follow Ups: