Re: Josef Klier mpcs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Perry on August 05, 2003 at 12:08:37:

In Reply to: Josef Klier mpcs posted by tubatombo on August 04, 2003 at 19:59:15:

I believe these are great mouthpieces for a big cost saving, as Mary Ann has stated. I use a 3C with my Nirschl 6/4 which, for me, brings out the best quality of the instrument. It is not quite the size of the Schilke Helleberg II.

When I bought my horn in Geretsreid, Walter came out with a tray of these mouthpieces organized in a grid fashion with rims sizes varying progressively from top to bottom, and then cup and bore sizes varying from left to right in conjuction with the rim sizes. In trying out the horn I was about to buy, I found myself in a certain location which made it very easy to find the optimal mouthpiece. In researching these mouthpieces on-line, I found you can actually buy one of these trays. Of course, it would be extremely expensive as there are about 64 mouthpieces in this tray, but I could see a music store possibly doing this for their customers (Matt Walters are you reading this!) Dillon does carry about 10 of these mouthpieces.

Good luck - STEVE PERRY

Follow Ups: