Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tuba musical performance - pet peeve

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on September 03, 2002 at 07:45:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tuba musical performance - pet peeve posted by Rick Denney on September 02, 2002 at 16:24:11:

I am in total agreement with both you and Joe, Rick, and the sarcasm of Mr. "If you're serious" (CD(AT)shiney.net?) notwithstanding, ANY defense of purpose-ful blatty-ism rather offends even the mere shread of musicality I happen to have in me. Perhaps that IS just me, but if "political correct" thinking constrains us to accept or even (gag) "celebrate" blattiness as an acceptable choice, then where IS the need for encouraging musicianship in this forum?....you're right it WAS a reaction, but frankly, that allusion to keyboards and amplification and sine wave generators, decidedly tongue-in-cheek as it might have been, is a profound and irreverent dis-service to performing musicians of our past, at least, those who provided live musicianship to the masses....first replaced by theater organs in the 20's, then jukeboxes in the clubs in the 40's and 50's, and most recently by home audio systems and CD/DVD-consumerism today. If we're not careful all the artists will be out of work, and there will be precious little variety in the recordings we so tragically covet!

Dale "still thinks many of us are of a similar heart than we realize sometimes" P.

Follow Ups: