Re: Hirsbrunner Euph.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Spinelli on August 28, 2002 at 09:54:33:

In Reply to: Hirsbrunner Euph. posted by John W. on August 28, 2002 at 09:18:00:

I have just recently purchased a new Hirsbrunner Exclusive for my own personal horn, not government, and I am very pleased. The horn has a robust, rich sound with excellent response throughout all of the ranges. I believe that this huge, sweet sound is due to a combination of two things; a fairly large bore size and maybe even more importantly an almost 'tubalike' bell flare that is not found on the Boosey 'trumpetflare' instruments. This type of bore/bell flare is also found on the Swiss made Willsons, another fine instrument. I can't make an informed comment on the Yamaha 842, I've only played the horn for a short period of time but was very pleased. As far as the Boosey goes you'll need to try several before you find a good one, unless you're lucky and get a winner the first time. There are several fine musicians that play the Hirsbrunner as their primary horn among them are Martin Cochran, who just won the Falcone competition and Brendan Macnamera, a student at CCM.

Eric Spinelli

Follow Ups: