5/4 Bohm&Meinl CC for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt F on August 21, 2002 at 18:29:36:

This is the guy who had the 5/4 Bohm&Meinl on ebay. After some mysterious problems with that silly company, I have been blocked. Thus, my horn is now for sale the old fashioned way. It is a larger 5/4 with a big 20.5" bell, .748 bore, 4 pistons, 1 rotor valve. Cut from BBb by Bob Rusk whence it was owned by Matt from Dillon Music. It has excellent intonation, 1st and 4th slides on top for easy access (although you rarely need them exept for like low Eb's/low D's). It has a huge, dark sound, and the potential for some very loud playing. It can go from large ensembles to small ones with ease, and is also very nimble and light for a larger horn. It has a very open feel, and an exceptional low range. I hate to get rid of it, but my surplus of guitars and tubas has left me penniless whilst in the market for a truck. It will come with a Reunion Blues gig and a custom Walt Johnson Flight that cost $800. I can email you pictures if you didn't see them on ebay. My price will be $6000. I would ask 6500, but the plating is worn on the pull slides and there are a few tiny, cosmetic dents.
email is Francomatt(AT)aol.com
thanks

Follow Ups: