Re: Re: TRYING Eb TUBAS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on August 09, 2002 at 19:48:15:

In Reply to: Re: TRYING Eb TUBAS posted by Barry Guerrero on August 08, 2002 at 13:45:08:

I think maybe the mouthpipe is stock Barry,

I have not seen your horn of course but I am 6 ft 1 and I sit the horn on a chair and the mouthpiece is just right.I think they are made for tall people. My PT4 I sold was the opposite. I had to lean over to play it with it in my lap. I guess the Willson is not for everybody and the upper register does take more effort than the Besson 983 like the original poster mentioned. For me the rest of the things the horn does really well is more than enough for me to work a little more on my upper register.

I thought the valveset was for someone with small hands but I think it was because my PT4 was rotary and the 5th valve was a reach compared to the Willson 3400 but I think the wide spread valves if that is what they are is dependant on the bore size as well. I think the Willson Eb has the biggest bore of any current Eb on the market right now so that may be the reason for the big valves. I wonder why they couldn't have made the 5th valve more easy to remove for cleaning. I have not had mine out yet but it looks like it will be very tight to get out of all that tubing.

Good luck on getting an Eb that works for you. I would like top try the Gronitz someday.

Follow Ups: