Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yamaha YFB822

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott on August 28, 2001 at 19:57:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yamaha YFB822 posted by Ben M. on August 28, 2001 at 14:33:42:

This will be my last post on the subject. If you wish to discuss it further you have my e-mail address. I'd send this directly to you but I don't have your e-mail address.

Mike Sanders posted once telling us about a time in which he played some orchestral excerpts with a trombone section on his F and on his 6/4 CC (I think it was a Yorkbrunner). Then he polled the audience and asked them what they thought. The result? The vast majority of the tubists liked the CC better, the vast majority of the non-tubists liked the F better. The moral of the story? It's the tubists who think bigger is better, musicians who like light and responsive (and in this case blend was a factor). And I think it applies even more to solo work than ensemble stuff. So I think you have it backwards, a musician would rather hear the lighter German F, the tubist the bigger Yamaha. All a matter of personal taste of course, and all generalizations are false.

Scott

Follow Ups: