Re: Re: Blue Note Strap with Mirafone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brent Herhold on August 27, 2001 at 11:38:31:

In Reply to: Re: Blue Note Strap with Mirafone posted by Bill Schultz on August 27, 2001 at 04:27:50:

I bought the strap directly from Blue Note in Sacramento, CA. 916/348-7009. They are NOT set up for Visa/Mc, but can bill you. The strap retails for $24.95 and shipping was around $6.00.

The strap attaches to the horn at two points. You can use the rings that are on your horn OR you can use any two points you select. This is because the strap is actually three parts: The body of the strap and two nylon connecting straps which can either be attached to the rings or to other selected spots on the horn. The strap attaches to the two connectors via plastic pinch grips. I used one of the installed rings(lower) and the upper bow (left side) as my connecting points. This gives the horn much better balance than using the two installed rings. I am sure you will find a workable configuration for your horn.

I had a three-hour gig Saturday for the 49ers game and, again, the strap worked wonderfully. I only wish I had known about this thing sooner.

Hope this helps.

Brent

Follow Ups: