Re: Back To School Sale- Who Has A Tuba FS?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike F. on August 22, 2001 at 11:43:06:

In Reply to: Back To School Sale- Who Has A Tuba FS? posted by Steve W on August 22, 2001 at 10:20:02:

Having just purchased a new (to me) horn, I can finally get rid of this old, (50's vintage) King 3 valve BBb tuba. I had the local guy knock all the dents out of it, but he left quite a few "ripples" and other evidence, that is plainly visible even from a few yards away. Brand new lead pipe. Lacquer has been removed, and it is beginning to develop a lovely patina, especially at contact points. Valves are smooth and fast, but lack compression and should eventually be replated. The horn has that great King sound and intonation, but with only 3 valves the low register is a bit difficult. (A fourth valve could easily be added by a particular repairman who posts on this BBS, or even a CC conversion.)
I can either include the original recording bell, a 21" upright bell in rough shape, or for a bit more, a BRAND NEW 18" upright bell. (bells may also be purchased seperately, make an offer, fcfs.)
I can take some more photos upon request. Feel free to email me.
Mike F.
tuba(AT)bassguitar.com
p.s. I had just decided to auction this off, but I'll give you guys the first crack at it here. Email with offer. Thanks!

Follow Ups: