Re: Teacher wont let me use my new CC horn!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by I agree with Rick on August 13, 2001 at 17:54:07:

In Reply to: Teacher wont let me use my new CC horn!! posted by James McNeil on August 13, 2001 at 17:01:55:

I agree with Rick. The last thing you want is a spitting match between you and your band director. I am curious as to what instrument your band director plays. There has been lots of hype on this forum about which is better a BBb or a CC. I tend to agree with a certain point of view, sorry I wish I could give this person credit but I forgot their name. That point of view is simple...maybe a $6,000 CC should play better than a $2500 BBb. Thats probably where the extra money goes. As for your situation always remember a good tone will always come through no matter what horn you play. Yes, I realize that a great horn will sound better, but I just hope you aren't under the impression that CC is better than a BBb because it is pitched a step higher. I think you should find out the real reason your director does not want you to play your horn. If it is because of the myths that surround our instrument it would be best to have your private teacher, as Rick suggested, do all the musical fighting for you. I hope this situation gets resolved quickly and in your favor.

Peace Out..
Z

Follow Ups: