Re: Re: Re: MW Fafner model BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Heiko Triebener on August 12, 2001 at 17:08:45:

In Reply to: Re: Re: MW Fafner model BBb posted by Moises on August 12, 2001 at 07:49:55:

Compared to the Alex the sound is clearer, more powerful and focused - and just as DARK!!!
Intonation is much better, and the projection is astounding. ILve been using the prototype since december2000 and never everin my career ILve received so many positive
comments by colleagues,students,critics and audiences on a new horn.The quality of the
production instruments was a big concern for all of us, and when the first ones were
finished we (the members of the Melton Tuba Quartett) did some blind tests and found
that MW managed to carry over all the qualities of the prototype.I feel a little silly
going so crazy about a new tuba but it really IS a dream come true for us in Germany
who have to play on large BBbLs most of the time... Talking about the price you should
notice that they make type195 which is mostly machine made; this one you can buy for
app.10,000.-DM (app.US$4600.-) until mid august, as a special introduction offer(contact
KarlMueller,Remscheid,Germany Phone01149-2191-82466),afterwards it will cost 15% more.
The "professional"(=mostly handmade) version 195/2 is A LOT more expensive (around DM17,000.-) and really not that much better.
If you have any more questions about this subject you can reach me on my mobile 01149-
171-7244927 from Aug.13 through Aug.19,later I will be on vacation and not available.
Yours sincerely Heiko Triebener

Follow Ups: