Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question from a non-tubist

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jayson Devries on August 11, 2001 at 10:18:06:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question from a non-tubist posted by Jay Bertolet on August 11, 2001 at 08:41:08:

Thanks for the support Mr. Bertolet!

I know that I enjoy (and most band director do, having a solid low sound in every ensemble, it just makes sense that way, but, in this situation I see that, although I like more tuba sound, I don't need it. I have other tubas that play well and do so with great volume. I have a colleague who teaches in another school who told his student that he could not play CC tuba in band and gave a list of so-called reasons, so the kid went to Walnut Hill the next semester. I have brought interlochen and such up to this student and he seems interested, so perhaps later he can enter that type environment and flourish ever moreso.
Although this thought still stings my brain: If I let one kid get out of marching with a sousaphone, all my other kids are going to want to get out of marching with a sousaphone as well. But, I suppose I can justify that by saying that I needed him on aux. percussion.

Thanks again

Jayson

Follow Ups: