Re: about conn 56j

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom B. on August 10, 2001 at 23:48:07:

In Reply to: about conn 56j posted by curious on August 10, 2001 at 22:08:47:

I've played the 52J, 56J, and the Getzen. I really liked the Conn 52J and 56J, and was making plans to purchase a 56J when I had the opportunity to buy a CB-50. I had only played a Getzen for about 30 minutes two years earlier, but liked it so much I decided to track one down. Once I got very serious about buying a horn, I was right on time to discover a great used on at David Fedderly's Baltimore Brass. I ended up buying the Canadian Brass CB-50 (Getzen G-50...same thing) from Mr. Fedderly.

When I decided on the CB-50, I was between the 56J and the Getzen. I played a 56J many times and came to the conclusion that it is very comfortable to hold and sounds great. Intonation is good and the horn sounds nice in general. However, when I had a chance to play the CB-50 I eventually purchased, I knew I had something special. It simply worked the best for me. The sound, intonation/tuning, range (high, low & in between), and construction quality was better than anything else I had looked at, including the Conn. I paid more than the price of a new 56J to get the CB-50, but to me it is money well spent.

Follow Ups: